Apr 15, 2013

Island Call

Waking at 5 a.m. to the sound of lobster boats chugging out of the harbor
 means calm seas and fair winds are in store for the morning.
  I'm early to rise on mornings like these in anticipation of getting the call.



There's only one person who calls me at 7 o'clock in the morning,
so I know when I answer the phone I'm going to hear some of my favorite words.
 "Hey, ya wanna go for a boat ride?"


As often as the weather allows, we go out to the islands to check on 'the girls'.
 On cold, gray drizzly days like today, it's usually a quick trip out then back home for a hot lunch.


A brisk walk once round the island confirms that all is well. 
The girls look round and content (despite our interrupting their morning graze).
  A bit of a waddle in their walk reminds me that lambs will be arriving in just a few weeks!
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment